The IPMN Conference 2016 is taking place on 2-3 June at the University of St. Gallen.
The 20th Anniversary Conference of the IPMN invites participants to reflect on the field of public administration and management including its merits in making scientific progress and by drawing on the practical experiences with worldwide reform processes. Where have we been? What progress have we made? Have we accomplished what we set out to do? What challenges remain? Have we closed the academic/practice gap, rendered the field ever more relevant? What guidance do we give new scholars who want to join us in charting a path toward the future?
For those who cannot attend the Conference; IMPN has organised to broadcast two sessions which can also be viewed after the sessions
- Thursday, June 2 10.30-12.00 CET Session 2: Organization Theory and Public Management
- “An Organization Approach to Public Administration” Tom Christensen and Per Lægreid
- “Public Administration and Organizational Theory: Looking under the Hood” Étienne Charbonneau and Daniel E. Bromberg
- Friday, June 3 15.00-16.30 CET Session 8: Future Approaches to Public Management and Governance
- “Monitoring the Evolution of Government and Governance: Moving the Classification of Public Administration Organizations to the Next Level” Evert Lindquist
- “The Transformation of Public Management as a Field of Academic Study and Practical Reform” Jana Bertels, Geert Bouckaert and Werner Jann